What is that Search Control Settings extension?
Should you remove Search Control Settings extension page which was brought to the system by Search Control Settings extension browser hijacker. Apart from annoying and uncomfortable redirections, Search Control Settings extension influences more changes in your Windows operating system. As you have new page set as your startup, you can often get modified search results which means that the given information is not always true. Moreover, you can be bothered by some ads offering various kinds of goods and making you click on it. However, we are obliged to inform you that such ads contain a lot of hidden viruses and if you don’t want to catch some, you better skip these ads and remove Search Control Settings extension browser hijacker. Delete the threat immediately, if you don’t want to end up in the total system crash as some other malware are about to join Search Control Settings extension.
Download Removal Toolto remove Search Control Settings extension
How does Search Control Settings extension manage to become the part of the system?
Search Control Settings extension, as any other browser hijacker has a feature to intrude the system silently.This happens when you decide that you need some additional software on your PC and download it. Search Control Settings extensionis bundled with the applications, usually, freeware, and starts its activities. On the other hand, user is the only one responsible for the items that are added to the system and can really prevent such cases. The way to do this is to observe how the installation goes and do not agree that Search Control Settings extension can be attached to the system. The other source of Search Control Settings extension is the infected spam which you can get any time. Well, this means you only have to be more attentive and think before you perform any actions while working with your PC. What you have to do now is to solve the current hijacker situation perform immediate Search Control Settings extension removal procedure.
How does Search Control Settings extension perform?
Undoubtedly, as you have Search Control Settings extension on Windows operating system, you can easily define some of the features of the hijacker’s behavior. Well, you would probably begin with the changed startup page which is now Search Control Settings extension as well as search engine. Besides, when the hijacker is on computer you can face a lot of advertisements containing various messages and images. NOTE: think twice before clicking on it as it can be the beginning of the total system crash. Since Search Control Settings extension is not useful at all and you cannot use it as a search provider, you should get rid of it. In order to protect your system, operate Search Control Settings extension removal as soon as you can. How to remove Search Control Settings extension? After finishing reading the previous passages, the first thing you need to do is to delete Search Control Settings extension one and for all. As your goal is not to leave any remains of this browser hijacker, you must focus on two removal procedures – manual and automatic. The tips of the manual procedure are given below, where you have to fix your browser and get rid of Search Control Settings extension page which is now set as your search engine. Later on, install an automatic virus removal tool named Spyhunter and to get rid of Search Control Settings extension as well as any other threats found.
How to delete Search Control Settings extension from my browser?
How to remove Search Control Settings extension from Internet Explorer
- Press on Alt+X → then Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings selection → go for Reset.
- In order to confirm your actions click on Close → OK.
How to remove Search Control Settings extension from Mozilla Firefox
- Go to Firefox browser → and Help section.
- Find Troubleshooting information → double-click on Reset Firefox.
- End up with Finish.
How to remove Search Control Settings extension from Google Chrome
- Press on Alt+F → move to Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page selection → move to Set pages.
- Delete Search Control Settings extension and choose the new site to be your home page.
- Confirm with OK and move to Search.
- Navigate to Manage search → select a new search engine and delete Search Control Settings extension.
- Approve with Done.
Manual Removal Instructions
Search Control Settings extension Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove Search Control Settings extension from Browsers
Delete Search Control Settings extension from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove Search Control Settings extension from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete Search Control Settings extension from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.